It is with great pleasure that we invite our colleagues and collaborators throughout the world to Brisbane, Australia for the 25th IPSA World Congress of Political Science.
The Congress will provide an opportunity for you to network with global scholars. It will have particularly strong local and regional representation, because it will integrate the annual conference of the Australian Political Studies Association and the biennial Oceanic Conference on International Studies.
The Congress will have a rich program under the theme Borders and Margins, which will be coordinated by the Program Co-Chairs Professor Terrell Carver and Professor Füsun Türkmen.
Keep an eye out for the call for proposals opening on 10 May 2017.
Brisbane and its surroundings are rich in natural beauty and cultural heritage. For those with time for pre-or-post Congress exploring, Brisbane is the gateway to iconic travel locations including Uluru, the Great Barrier Reef and Kakadu.
We look forward to hosting you in Brisbane in 2018!
Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- Professor Katharine Gelber, University of Queensland (Chair, LOC)
- Professor A J Brown, Griffith University
- Associate Professor Michael Di Francesco, Australia and New Zealand School of Government/University of New South Wales
- Professor Robyn Eckersley, University of Melbourne
- Professor Brian Head, University of Queensland
- Professor Renee Jeffery, Griffith University
- Ms. Jessica Kirk, Postgraduate Representative
- Professor Stephanie Lawson, Macquarie University
- Professor Pippa Norris, Harvard University/University of Sydney
- Associate Professor Sarah Percy, University of Queensland
- Professor Marian Sawer, Australian National University
- Mr. Ryan Smith, University of Queensland
- Ms. Jessica Kirk, University of Queensland